I found the idea of glueing plain buttons to the back of paper clips on the internet and promptly went in search of the glue gun which happened to be hidden somewhere in the garage. For these flower paper clips I found some buttons with shanks on the back which fitted neatly through the middle of the tatting and paper clip. They are extremely firm and have a nice weight to them.
I have so many centres of the flowers left over from another project and so simply tatted an outer ring with plenty of beads to give them a bit of a sparkle. By having two layers of tatting there is plenty of area to use for glueing. To finish off I did add a round of felt at the back to give them a clean look.
Renulek's doily is coming on well but is now too big to scan. Also to let you into a secret I am working on two at the same time, so you may see a different looking doily next time, just depends. The ones you saw in the previous post I am not adding to, in fact I have given the blue one away.