Wednesday 27 January 2010

Roosters!

This post is in celebration of Jane's TIAS - it ended today and so many "Normans" have strutted into her in-box and more are sure to arrive in the next few days. It is the first time I've ever taken part in a TIAS and the pace was just right, thank you very much big sister.
Although I have to admit I knew what it was going to be right from the start - we don't keep tatting secrets in our family!

This is a rooster that I saw in Ireland, it was Mrs. Keneally's, she sold it the day after this photograph was taken! Now I thought that I would try and make another rooster, so I went through all of the many days instructions at once, but unfortunately because it was done at a much quicker pace and late at night, I went wrong and ended up with quite a few spare picots! So to try and cover up my mistakes I gave this rooster a little skirt and now he is an Irish one!


What are we all going to do now this TIAS is finished?
What is Jane going to do next?

11 comments:

  1. Both your roosters are darling. I love the skirt. COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a hoot. A rooster with a skirt on!!!!! Sure he's not a Scottish rooster? If so then he needs a sorran!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good idea, I suppose Irish roosters must feel the cold. I didn't take part in this TIAS, but I've been enjoying it all! - perhaps an Australian rooster should have a pair of boardshorts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Rooster is great and love the skirt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have done a great job on the 2 Roosters...and I love the real one...what gorgeous colours....I have never seen a rooster like that
    Hugs
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have done a great job on the 2 Roosters...and I love the real one...what gorgeous colours....I have never seen a rooster like that
    Hugs
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...and it has just dawned on me, Sally, that this is the third bird! - so you've been very good at keeping secrets!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing the pic of the 'real' rooster! What colors! I just love your blog, and love to follow it. Hey, you're tatted roosters came out great! Love the skirt...*smile*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the lovely comments, the Irish rooster is a special breed, but don't ask be which one!
    Very funny Maureen - an Aussie Rooster with boardshorts!! Yep I had to keep a secret about Jane's TIAS, it was fun watching those who were taking part guess what they thought it was going to be.
    Thanks Nancy for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is drop dead gorgeous....and that's just yours!!

    ReplyDelete

Another Heavenly Comment