Saturday 21 June 2014

Summer Solstice


The Summer solstice occurs when Earth's northern hemisphere (where the UK lies) faces towards the sun most directly, therefore today is the longest day of the year.  With that in mind I plan to do quite a bit of craft work - starting of course with tatting!  Only 30 miles away from where I live many gathered at the prehistoric monument of Stonehenge to mark the occasion last night in order to see the dawn come up, needless to say I stayed at home!

So to mark Spring and Summer here are Renulek's Doily finished, although I prefer the first one which I completed which you can see here.




And just a glimpse of some flat shuttles which are just about to arrange at Jane's house any minute now


Off to create.....................

6 comments:

  1. A beautiful doily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite days of the year! How can you beat an extra bit of sunlight? Plus, it's daughter Joanne's birthday. I love the flat shuttles, and you've done a fantastic job with Renulek's doilies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree with you Diane and as it has been a glorious day in England plenty of sunshine. Happy Birthday Joanne.

      Delete
  3. Very beautiful doilies!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Another Heavenly Comment