Tuesday 30 September 2014

Another bookmark and Scarecrows

First I must apologise to Jane McLellan for failing to acknowledge that the bookmarks in my last post was one of her patterns which you can find here.   The other Jane (my sister) passed the pattern on to me before either Jane M or myself ever had a blog and it remained on a piece of paper without a title or anything.  

I have just finished this bookmark from Robin Perfetti and it can be found here, Robin has some lovely patterns and it is worth a visit to her blog. I was going to make a border but could not find anything to sew it on to and so made a bookmark instead.




I have been very busy over the last few weeks organising a Scarecrow Festival and here are some of the ones that were on display, they were very cleverly made.  The children so enjoyed seeing them recognising the characters.







4 comments:

  1. Hi Sally
    A very pretty bookmark, lovely colours. What thread did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne I used Lizbeth Jelly bean and a contrasting thread

      Delete
  2. Wow that is pretty interesting I have never seen scare crows like this before great job! love the book marks too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are some towns and villages in England that have scarecrow characters all around the streets, but we only display them in one area. They are fun to come and see and when you run it as a competition, it can become quite serious!

    ReplyDelete

Another Heavenly Comment