Friday 31 July 2015

Primrose Path

In April I posted a picture of some primroses on Facebook and Karen Parent reminded me that there was a pattern called 'Primrose Path'.    So I went off to find the Mary Konior book which has it displayed on the front cover and the instructions inside and began tatting it.  Because of such a busy life it took a few months to make this very small mat.   I remember tatting it years ago and never was happy with the final result, but thought with more experience and different thread it would turn out better.  There really were too many ends to deal with and in a way it doesn't look complete, there could almost be another row to bring it altogether.  Such a long time was spent tatting this piece (with quite a few mistakes on the way) only to end up with the final piece being such a disappointment.





The real primrose path is much more effective



There are to be more pop-a-bobbins on sale in Jane's Etsy shop soon.

12 comments:

  1. I think it's a pretty little mat! - very cheerful. In spite of all the ends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, you're being very hard on yourself! I think it's unusual and effective. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks lovely! I have one that I tatted in blues and greens. It's one of my favorite doilies! I agree that there are way too many ends to hide. Still, I have thought of tatting it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is lovely and loose ends with tons of motifs can kill the excitement of tatting a pattern. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sally
    I think it's pretty and would look good having a vase of daffodils or some other yellow flowers sitting on it? You possibly don't like it because you have it on the go for so long?

    ReplyDelete
  6. While the real primroses are lovely, your doily is beautiful! Take a break from looking at it and you'll agree! It's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The doily is very pretty & well tatted :-) Beautiful pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well thank you for all your positive comments. I had such high hopes for this doily and was rather disappointed at the result, but you have made me look at it differently. The time I spent on tatting it certainly contributed to the negative feelings. Will also try a vase of yellow flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous pattern and doily :). Love the colours used :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your doily is very pretty!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. They said it before Ime- it is very pretty!

    I had the same experience with this pattern; was disappointed with it because of all the ends and mistakes I had to repair. Might be fun to try it now, being a few years more experienced with the shuttle and sewing in ends. It is a lovely MK pattern, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Fox but I made loads of mistakes this time and actually have now decided that I don't particularly like the pattern! This is because there are some fabulous patterns now out there, but when this was published by MK it really was very striking, really had to have one last stab at it!

    ReplyDelete

Another Heavenly Comment