Friday 22 September 2017

Daffodil

I was going to show you how much I had progressed on the doily but I am having a slight break whilst awaiting the threads I won on e.bay.  Unfortunately I was not in when the postmen delivered the parcel so now have to wait until it can be collected or re-delivered.

In the meantime I thought I would try and make another bookmark which symbolised another national emblem of a country within Great Britain and here it is the daffodil. 



Martha Ess designed this daffodil, it was one that she demonstrated at Tat Days 2012, which I happened to attend.  I have already used it on Easter Cards but have now found another use for it, do you know the country it represents?

8 comments:

  1. So you have Scotland and Wales. A rose next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are right Jane, I am indeed going to make a rose.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful bookmark! I was going to guess Wales, not because I knew the flower was a daffodil, but because I knew Scotland, England, and Ireland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. It can be both Maureen apparently in the Welsh language leek and daffodil sound similar

      Delete
  4. I love this bookmark and daffodils are my husband's favorite flower. super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Another Heavenly Comment