Thursday 28 June 2018

Wedding Horseshoe

I am attending a wedding this afternoon, this is quite unusual for me as I usually just book them and do most of the admin work and thats it! There has been a general invite from a mature couple who are getting married and attend one of the churches I work in to watch their ceremony.  So I decided that as the bride enjoys coming to the Craft Sessions I organise that she would like a tatted horseshoe. 

 I hope to give it to her myself, or the tradition is to ask a younger person to give it to the bride just after she has been married when she comes out of church.  It is supposed to symbolise good luck and it is indeed lucky that I actually finished making the horseshoe in the last hour!





Today is going to be extremely hot so I am looking forward to coming back home after the ceremony and cooling off in the back garden.

9 comments:

  1. A lovely tradition, the bride will be very happy to receive this, well done for finishing it on time.. I can't tell whether the cord through the horseshoe is tatted. A lot of work if it is, well done for finishing it in time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maureen, no the cord is not tatted, I was looking for a piece of ribbon white or lilac but could not find a suitable piece in my stash, but the cord seemed to work.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful gift, you know you have the horseshoe in the correct position they are to be kept upright so all the luck doesn't run out 😃❤👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I had heard that and hopefully it did not go upside down! Although did not keep my eye on it all the time.

      Delete
  3. A very elegant horseshoe Sally. Hope you enjoyed attending the wedding as a guest and not as an administrator! I expect by now you have cooled off a bit. I've had enough of this heat wave.The garden is in desperate need of rain, can't remember when we last experienced some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, yes it was different to attend the wedding and not have to do anything. I really want the heat to continue, love it, although it does slow you down a bit, which is not a bad thing. But agree rain is desperately needed for the garden.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely idea - nicely accomplished - and a wonderful keepsake!

    Our heat wave here in Pennsylvania is just beginning - temps in high 90s, and I'm grateful we have air conditioning in the house. We normally have 80-degree weather. I'm trying not to complain because I do love summer, especially the long daylight hours. But it's really too hot to sit outside, even in the shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy, it was a last minute tat but so pleased I managed to make it.
      There are not many houses in the UK who have air conditioning so we are very uncomfortable in this hot weather, but like you I am not complaining, most of the year it is extremely cold!

      Delete

Another Heavenly Comment