Monday 13 August 2018

Playing with a raindrop

Raindrop No 3 petit is the name of this motif which Karen kindly linked from her blog  to a Japanese blog.

I could not resist having a go at tatting it and decided that adding a button in the middle really made a difference, but as you can see the addition has made it slightly larger.    



I have some more thread at the ready to tat another one, but again it will be different to these.  Over the last few months I have missed tatting with beads so feel that the next one might need a little bling!

13 comments:

  1. It’s a lovely motif. Looks good with a button in the centre, I look forward to seeing the blinged version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane, my favourite is the button version

      Delete
  2. Nicely done! I printed off that pattern a while back, but had forgotten about it. I may have to print another!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you've gone and done it. You made the raindrops irresistible. Just downloaded it and am getting ready to have a go at it now. :D
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a versatile pattern Stephanie and I am having fun with it!

      Delete
  4. They are both wonderful, although maybe the button one is slightly prettier. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree Michelle, now more experiments!

      Delete
  5. We think alike. Everything is better with buttons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course it is Martha! Buttons are such fun when tatting they give depth and interest to a piece

      Delete
  6. I love this designer! and I didn't know about the free patterns so I must bookmark them now. I have bought only one of her patterns so far, because they are SO expensive. Your tatted motifs look perfect, buttons and all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maureen, it is lovely when you get a free pattern, sort of spoilt with Jane designing so many and sharing them with everyone.

      Delete

Another Heavenly Comment