Saturday 20 October 2018

Another Horseshoe

I had another chance to tat the pattern by Marie G. Gunby last week.  This time I was approached by someone who comes along to the 'knit and natter' group that meet in the  church once a week.  The person was making a 40th wedding anniversary card and wanted to know if I could tat something.  Having very limited time at the moment, decided to do the horseshoe.  I offered to include red beads with the tatting but I was told that she would put them on the card.  This is how it turned out.


I am not too keen when tatting has added bits in between would have preferred to include the beads as I went along, but quite honestly the person who I made it for did not quite understand that we tatters are clever with beads!  She said she would do that herself and obviously liked to do her own decorating.  But it was nice to be asked to contribute some tatting.

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It worked Jane, but not too keen on how the tatting was tatted up!

      Delete
  2. I think this turned out very well! I'm sure the recipient loved it! So nice of you to do all that lovely tatting on such short notice! She did OK with the add-ons and with her presentation. I wonder if the gems will stay on - but they shouldn't get too much handling. In fact the recipient may frame this! And you may get more requests! If they saw how beautiful your beaded work really is, you might get too many requests! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gems were staring to come off Kathy! But yes she did well on the presentation and no do not want too many tatting requests!

      Delete
  3. Your horseshoe is lovely, it's good that you had the time to make it, even if the beads weren't tatted in! The card won't get much wear and tear, so hopefully they will stay put.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maureen I hate to turn down requests when it comes to tatting, I did no charge but was given a lovely bunch of roses for my trouble. Actually some of the embellishments had already started to drop off the card when I was shown it. But I am sure it was well recieved

      Delete
  4. Your tatting is beautiful and really embellishes that card!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Another Heavenly Comment