Thursday 20 August 2020

Lavender Wands

It’s that time of year to collect and dry lavender. Last year I made lavender bags but in the last few days I have tried my hand at making lavender wands.  As you see not only did I weave ribbon in and out of the stems but I also added tatting and wound that around to finish them off. The aim was also to try and enclose more of the lavender especially as my weaving was not very precise. Making lavender wands is not easy to do, even though the videos show otherwise! 


12 comments:

  1. How wonderful! I've been interested in lavender wands for quite a while, but we haven't had much luck growing it in our soil. I love the way you've added tatting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a shame that you can't grow lavender the bees love it!

      Delete
  2. Lovely!I make them every year (my DILs love them) for gifts. Adding tatting is a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eleanor, you must be very skilled at making them by now! The tatting is really quick and easy just a line of split rings

      Delete
    2. I'll try adding tatting next year's harvest. My lavender blooms in July, protectively planted against our home's foundation (winter can be harsh). Combining two favorites for those I love. Thank you for sharing your posts!

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, I’ve never heard of lavender wands, what a lovely idea. Tatting is perfect to finish them off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have made them and love them. I used ribbon. Wish I would have thought about tatting! Keep on, the fragrance is wonderful. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lavender Wands are difficult to get started, but then it gets a bit easier. Here in Virginia, USA we make them in late June. Love your wands with tatting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anita agree they are difficult to get started!

      Delete
  6. Been making Lavender Wands for several years. Embellishing with tatting is just choice!

    ReplyDelete

Another Heavenly Comment