Thursday 7 January 2016

A New Start

Well it seems like a fresh new page as I start my first blog post of the year.  I have made my usual resolution and that is to be tidier, so far it is working, well to a degree.   After looking through many patterns I found this Celtic Snowflake.   I remember years ago tatting the design when it went around a CD and that is how I learnt to do SCMRs (correction I mean SRs - thanks Jane)   Here are two that are fresh from my tatting shuttles, but I plan to make many more ready for Christmas only 299 days away!




Oh and before I forget this is the link to the pattern 

12 comments:

  1. They are beautiful and thank you for the pattern Love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! This is such a great pattern of Jane's. I'm glad you reminded us about it, and I love that it's done in two sections (so clever). All kinds of thread combinations possible. You're off to a good start! This is a lot of tatting and a lot of beads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Kathy a lot of tatting and a lot of beads, but thankfully I have a great supply of thread and beads, in fact I am like a child in a sweetie shop at the moment!

      Delete
  3. 299 days away! That caused a giggle! Well done on your head start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not good at maths Michelle but we are in a leap year so there is an extra day!

      Delete
  4. Are there SCMR's in this pattern? I can't remember the original having them but there again - I am a LOT older than you as you regularly remind me!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I mean SRs - going dotty because I am getting old like you Jane!!

      Delete
  5. Oh you are very prepared! Next Christmas, I still couldn't finish with the last one :))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Orsi I didn't do well last Christmas either with my tatting so just trying to get ahead, not sure how long this will last though!

      Delete
  6. Very pretty! Of course I love the blue and purple!

    ReplyDelete

Another Heavenly Comment