Wednesday 20 January 2016

Jane's Heart

Yesterday Jane posted a new heart pattern in time for Valentine's Day!  When she first designed the pattern (and promptly did three different versions) she asked which one was my favourite, I think I changed my mind a couple of times until I decided on this one. The pattern can be found here.      The colours I have tatted them in are not very inspiring though.




The top heart was made in my least favourite colourway, it was one of the first Lizbeth balls I bought, and yet when I tatted with it I was so disappointed with the way the colours came out.  The last bit of the ball has been used up with this heart.  The thread is called Jewels and I will never buy it again!

What I have found to be the most useful addition to my tatting paraphernalia over the past 12 months is this bead mat, it is sticky which means that the beads do not roll off. I have even washed it and it still remains sticky. 





11 comments:

  1. I agree! Handy Hands sent free samples of this years ago, I recall. I gave mine away. Unfortunate colour breaks.. However, your heart is very sweet - great little pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am very fussy about threads these days Fox, a shame really because a lot of time and thought goes into the different colourways. Mostly I prefer plain colours to variegated. But each to their own!

      Delete
  2. Very nice hearts and neat bead mat!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bead mat... Hmmm, clever.

    Gorgeous hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about the Jewels colorway. I love all the colors in it, but the changes are just too abrupt. Having said that, though, I actually like the way it worked up in this pattern. Weird, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the red and pink one, I must try this heart, I am trying to finish my JS doily :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I picked that favourite too! - I think it's the white in the variegate which spoils it, I remember when Lizbeth was first produced, they changed the original Jellybean colour and mixed it with white for a second run and it wasn't good at all. White seems to be OK when it's paired with a single colour on the ball. The new Green Ice is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, sometimes colors look so good on the ball and don't tat up well at all. Love the hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I received that colourway as a sample once. I tatted it as a split ring braid, with white on one side and the multicolour on the other which worked ok. I think the colour changes are a bit abrupt in this thread. I like the bottom heart better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great minds think alike!!! I recently treat myself to one of the bead mats... I especially like that I can stick it to me beading tray but I must remember to take off the spare beads BEFORE I peel it off.... MMMm time to pick up the beads LOL

    ReplyDelete

Another Heavenly Comment