Wednesday 30 November 2016

Children's Craft Club

Okay so Wednesdays are usually super busy for me.   I get to work at 8.45 am and start with morning prayer.  Then if the Vicar is around we catch up on stuff that needs sorting out.  After that it is office work and popping in and out of the church whilst the computer club is on.  Lunch break and perhaps a little walk and then another session of Computer Club.   Straight after they leave at 3 pm the church is set up for the Children's Craft Club and half an hour later the little people arrive straight from school.  These of some of the things they make.






Obviously they are now making Christmas decorations




At this very moment I have some salt dough shapes in the oven cooking ready for the children to paint next week and then hang on Christmas trees.    So every week I have to sort out about three to four crafts and purchase the necessary items for them.  I get home on a Wednesday just before 6 pm exhausted and usually with a little paint on me, plus glue and at this time of the year plenty of glitter!

8 comments:

  1. Those pine cones are pretty adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great ! Despite the paint, glue & glitter, I'm sure it is very exhilarating & totally satisfying :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I got tired just reading that! Even though it's fun to see the kids enjoying doing these crafts (and glad to see they get away from the electronic games for a while), it's quite a bit of work to do the preparations. Nice to see they are still doing the same kinds of crafts that we used to do, long ago!! I vaguely recall the salt dough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phew! I'm sure the children appreciate your time and effort.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are stoic indeed, to be able to face those Craft Groups each week! But everything looks lovely and Christmass-y, so must be worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone, this is partly why I have little time for tatting, or reading blogs. But it is lovely being with the little ones and their parents, especially as I do not have any around me either family or friends. Keeps me young at heart and yes Kathy no electronic games. Craft is something that they do not do at home these days, partly because of the mess and also working parents do not have time to spend with their children.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a lot of fun! Sprinkle some glitter this way, please!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like so much fun!!!! :)
    I would love to join, but I am guessing I am too far away, too tall and too "old" to join. :)

    ReplyDelete

Another Heavenly Comment