Saturday 10 December 2016

Something a little different

I just could not tat another snowflake from Lene Bjørn's book, so tired of doing them and trying to follow diagrams, I'm much better on the written word.   So for an absolute change I did these snowflakes using buttons, the pattern can be found here it is of course of one of Jane's patterns and they are so easy to understand. 



I tried to get a good photograph of them but after several attempts gave up, the light was wrong or the positioning was wrong etc.  Hopefully will get a better picture when and if I make some more.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely! Yes, diagrams require a different mindset from written instructions. Mind you, those old fashioned patterns with reams of writing can be difficult to follow too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job. Love the colors. Look great to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane's patterns have the best of both worlds - words and diagrams - both easy to understand, but a lot of work on Jane's part to make it easy for us, including her use of color-coding! Your three snowflakes show enough variation that they almost look like three different patterns! Nice Christmas colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such seasonal colors. Great pattern and tatting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! Your tatting is superb. Be gentle with yourself. I almost always write out a pattern adding notes. Sometimes modulating into a new key (my own design idea). I'm a firm believer in publishing both diagram and written directions. Tat on!

    ReplyDelete

Another Heavenly Comment