The last round I tatted seemed to take ages and I was really frightened that I would run out of thread, and have to cut it all off and start again! It was very nerve racking especially as I did not enjoy tatting this round anyway, so the thought of starting again, was just too awful to contemplate! Fortunately I made it to the end with a bit of the thread to spare. As you can see I have started another colour which hopefully is neutral enough to blend in with a Lizbeth thread very close to the original maroon colour. I intend to use both the colours on the last round but it is hard to see if it will work at the moment.
Needless to say I will be so pleased when this doily is finished!