Saturday 31 August 2019

Lavender and Bees

My neighbour always grows the most beautiful lavender, which I was fortunate to pick and dry this year.  My aim is to make some lavender bags but also want to put a piece of tatted lavender on the front of them. These are my attempts and think I have decided which is the best one. 



The lavender attracts hundreds of bees, so my hands were in the middle of some very vocal buzzing insects, but they did not worry me and I was not frightened about getting stung.




7 comments:

  1. Good job on the tatted lavender! I saw lavender fields near Cape Town last week, but they were hard to recognise with the because the bushes had been cut right back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all of them, which is your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Michelle, it was the the dark purple one, which was my last attempt, but now I am not so sure, think it is might be something that looks a little like the far left and the far right, might have another go!

      Delete
  3. I vote the dark one on the right. If you mount it flat on the bag, it looks a better proportion. Just my (humble...ahem) opinion.
    You're braver than I for getting in among the bees. They seem to sense I'm a threat every time. I even try to talk to them and ask permission, but they act first and ask questions later. That means they don't survive our encounter. I decided long ago that I didn't want to contribute to fewer number of bees in the world, so I leave them be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks it does seem that the dark purple is the favourite. The only bees that frighten me are the ones that are drowsy and hide amongst your clothes and then sting you! Much better when they are busy flying around!

      Delete

Another Heavenly Comment