Saturday 9 May 2009

Buttons and Beads



I like working with beads and buttons, they add depth and interest to a piece of tatting. There are so many tatted heart patterns, but this particular one I thought was a bit different. It is called Abby's Heart and was originally designed by Ann-Christine Sundqvist of Sweden (her first original design). I have altered it slightly though adding beads and note the fancy bit on the bottom!


I would like to make more of these hearts but although I have quite a few buttons, trying to find three exactly the same is proving difficult!

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE those. Great choice of buttons too. Keep it up little sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely hearts. The pink one is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful hearts! Both hearts are gorgeous, and I am partial to the pink one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First reaction....WOW! Second reaction....Nice design with buttons and beads! I don't normally tat with buttons or beads. But this stands out nicely. Like the dangly thing at the bottom. The pink one caught my eye first and like how the white beads sparkle and the buttons blend in with the thread. The burgandy is growing on me. :) GOOD JOB altering a design. Fun isn't it?!

    XOXO NOS

    ReplyDelete
  5. This heart is so pretty! I downloaded Abby's Heart, because that is my granddaughter's name, and I liked the pattern. Thought I'd get to it - eventually! I like it even more with the beads! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Pretty Hearts!! I love all the beads you added!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great hearts! I really like the combination of beads and buttons added to the tatting. Nice!

    ReplyDelete

Another Heavenly Comment