Friday 17 April 2015

Barn Owls

As Jane mentioned my name in her blog post today I am delighted to show you my five owls. There would have been six but I gave one to a friend this afternoon who kindly took me out for tea.  This is such a wonderful pattern and I really don't know how Jane can design something as quickly as she does.  

Very often when she starts a design she will scan the different stages and send them to me as she goes along, asking for my opinion.  A lot of pressure there!  One of these little chaps looked as though it was an alien from outer space at one point, a very strange creature. However, the next one that flew over by e.mail was almost the final version with just a little bit of tweaking it became this lovely barn owl.


The reason for wanting a barn owl was that someone who belongs to a golf club asked if I could tat one as a barn owl is the club's logo.   

 Also last week a barn owl box has been made and was  put up in a tree in the village graveyard.  




There is a letter box size opening at the top but I was unable to take a picture of that part of the nesting box.  We are waiting for some occupants now, other than tatted ones!

8 comments:

  1. How adorable, love the little guys, they are beautiful! and the color you used is great it makes them look real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the barn owls! They're now on my to-do list! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute ! I think it is so nice to collaborate & have someone to brainstorm with or get honest feedback from ! And nothing better than being 2 sisters - that's Also what sisters are for ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful owls! I hope it won't be too long before the box has occupants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane really looking forward to seeing an owl.

      Delete
  5. Jane always comes through!! And as a family you all have done so much for tatting! There's quite a story there! Your owls I'm sure will meet with the approval of the club!

    When walking down our driveway one night (we and two other neighbors share a long, somewhat woodsy driveway), I'm sure an owl swooshed over my head! We've heard them 'hoot' in the woods. It was an amazing experience Never see them, though!

    Always enjoy your posts - I sometimes forget to comment, but I want you to know how often your 'history' lessons send me to the internet for more info - Richard III, Kings and a Teapot, Mothering Sunday, the Windmill, Brittania, etc.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy - I am hoping that the golf club members will like the owls, (well the women members!) I am sure they will have not seen tatted ones before.
      Owls are like bats rather nocturnal, shame really but to have one swoosh past is something.

      Delete
  6. We got bats!!! Occasionally 'see' a wol hunting over the field near the house tho... More occasionally we hear a Tawny... they can't fly with their mouths shut!!! LOL And before people comment on what I put.... I admit it.... I am Bat-ty!!! VBG

    ReplyDelete

Another Heavenly Comment