Tuesday 20 February 2018

Another Round

I am beginning to wonder if making two dollies at the same time is a wise move! However, they are completely different and so far I am enjoying working both of them. Renulek's 2018 doily is so dainty and I am really pleased with the way it is progressing.  I have made one slight modification though.  My big sister Jane has taught me that when you have a ring off a chain it is best to put a small picot on the chain before working the ring and attaching the ring to it and likewise before the ring is closed adding a small picot so the other side of the chain can be attached to it.  The rings are then a little more firmer and don't move about so much.  


Looking forward to the next round and seeing the progress others are making working this doily.

12 comments:

  1. That's a clever idea. Your doily is looking good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rich red color its very nice and great tip from sister too 💖😄💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am thinking of may be adding another colour at some stage, but will see how it goes

      Delete
  3. Looking good! I think it's interesting how different your doilies are. Tatting is versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learnt that from Jane too! I am going to be plodding along with my Big Black 2016 doily for the rest of my life, I think! But I am enjoying watch the progress of the new design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Maureen I thought it was a family secret! But then I have just told everyone! I love to tatting worked in black it looks sophisticated

      Delete
  5. I know what you mean, it will be fun what ever you decide💖

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful color! I decided to go with multi-color this time, hoping that I have enough of each color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That at is the nerve racking bit making sure you have enough colour for each round

      Delete
  7. Looks great - and I love the color. It really is fun seeing everyone's progress along with the different color schemes. I don't dare try two doilies at once - I'll be lucky to finish one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love variegated colors, but your doily is so elegant in the solid!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Another Heavenly Comment