Sunday 11 February 2018

Progressing

Amazingly I am continuing this pattern of Jane's which is Fandango Rectangle.  I did make the centre a bit longer than the suggested one in the pattern, only because the last doily I made grew so large that it ended up becoming a square!  





So enjoying tatting this and have realised that at the moment tatting anything small is not very rewarding.  Perhaps this is because I have boxes of tatting hidden away doing nothing. Whereas tatting something larger means that it is on show as it grows and in the future, well hopefully it will be used and admired. 

I wonder if anyone can guess what colour I will be using next? 

8 comments:

  1. Yellow is that it? This to nice and love rectangles. I think hidden in a box you should either attach your items to a fabric journal and leave this out as a conversational book. or attach them to a paper and put them in a plastic sleeve so you can flip through them. I use lots of them and put poetry with them and give them to friends and family too. I feel bad all your works of art are in a box :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness you have guessed right, how clever of you, yes it is yellow. Also what a great idea for the tatting, although that does involve a bit more work and thought. Never mind, much better than the tatting (in some cases) thrown into a box unloved and unwanted. Thank you. There now will be a new life for some of my discarded tatting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing this AND the new Renulek at the same time? Both will be beautiful, I am multi-tatting as well: belatedly a Chinese Rooster because the Dog Year happens this week, and still plodding very slowly along on my black 2016 Renulek piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um yes Maureen, easy at the moment, but I fear it is going to get a lot harder to do both as the weeks go on!! Good luck with your projects, ah yes Chinese New Year lots of celebrations where my son lives.

      Delete
  4. Before reading Madtatter80's comment, I was going to guess cream. I think the yellow will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so Diane, sort of going for the 1950's sort of look

      Delete

Another Heavenly Comment