Tuesday 12 May 2015

Alphabet Bracelets

A few weeks ago I bought a couple of packets of alphabet beads from a supermarket  because they were reduced in price, not by much as they were quite cheap anyway.  Somehow though I could not see them looking so rejected as there were many packets.  Resisting buying too many, mainly because at the time they were just going to be put into my stash, I only came home with two packets.    Amazingly though I have started using them.


The top bracelet I am going to give to my hairdresser and the bottom one is for someone whose birthday I completely forgot in April!   Managed to forget another persons birthday also last month and as her name is June, feel that another one will have to be made before we say goodbye to May, although perhaps I should wait until June!

The main reason for forgetting these birthdays was they were just after Easter and somehow with all the busyness of the season I forgot about them, especially as the people concerned do not live near.

The pattern is of course is Jane's and can be found here.  


9 comments:

  1. Love these. I have had a packet of beads for over a year to make The Boss one of these. It is embarrassing to admit that I can make neither heads nor tails of the directions. Dyslexia can be so sporadically inconsistent. Seems that pattern continues to elude me entirely! Your photos have given me a nudge to try again! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Confession time Fox, when I first looked at the directions I thought to myself, phew don't understand this pattern, but honestly it is easy. Just forget about the exact instructions about starting. I made sure that there was a reasonable length of thread on each shuttle (I did not finger tat). The only problem is threading it through the beads with long lengths but after that it is easy. Have a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But my dear girl.... my birthday is July not April!!! Rofl

    They look superb Sally. I must make one for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks - Very funny Sue!! Yes you must make one for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been looking at this pattern for years and years - and also the name-badge pattern - but no-one in my family has nice, neat, short names! - and I think I would get tangled up in beads and a bracelet would be far too long once all the letters were in place. Yours are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you sending one to the Queen?! How thoughtful of you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these and I did one in a shuttle shape, I really like this square shape cause I have lots of letters in my name :) Thanks for the lead for Jane's Pattern I need to look at all of them again some time!

    ReplyDelete

Another Heavenly Comment