Wednesday 7 February 2018

Renulek Spring Doily

I really enjoy taking part in these 'tat-a-long' doilies that Renulek designs every year.  She is such a talented designer and tatter.  Although the last doily of hers that I actually managed to take part was four years ago, when over time I completed three of that particular design. Strange in the past I had no interest in dollies, somehow though with the discipline of tatting a round at a time and waiting for instructions for subsequent rounds, seems far easier and less daunting.   Although it has taken me almost two weeks to decide on the thread size and the colour for this particular doily.  I have chosen burgundy, but who knows what will happen as the doily progresses, oh and the thread is size 20.


Tomorrow Renulek is going to post the third round, so hello to those of you who are also tatting this beautiful doily.

13 comments:

  1. I like this color choice and I did mine to this point but changed my mind on ordered some other color that came today in mail! So now I am behind but at least it is early in the game to start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a major decision when you begin a big project like this what colour and size thread to use. It will be easy for you to catch up at this stage, in fact you can work two at the same time!

      Delete
  2. I love. your thread color choice! This will be another beautiful doily. I’ve already purchased the pattern - anticipating some slow-down on future rounds, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Cindy thanks, bit unsure about the colour and might introduce a ecru shade now and then to break it up a bit. Know what you mean about future rounds, good luck with yours.

      Delete
  3. I do like the burgundy! I have yet to start this. I never did finish last year's. It's tucked away somewhere, and I will find it eventually!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is sad that you did not finish last years Diane. Hope you manage to start this years soon.

      Delete
  4. That is going to be a really nice doily. I like burgundy. Pretty color. I am probably ahead of a lot of people, but I did not realize she posts the rounds weekly. I bought the pattern. Now on round 7. Slowing down. I may restart it, now I understand how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tim you have a great advantage seeing the whole pattern, and how it is worked, but I prefer the discipline of doing it row by row. Just enjoy the anticipation of the next round too. Burgundy seems an odd colour but hope it works.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Jane, I might introduce another colour later on!

      Delete
  6. Love your color choice. Your doily looks wonderful so far. I bought some thread - about equal to DMC 100, best I can tell - several years ago, kept it for some sort of large, 'special' project. One is a variegated - sort of what I think of as 'jewel tones' - and the other is a burgundy that isn't quite the same shade as the very dark red in the variegated, but it complements the variegated shades well. My doily is very tiny with just the 2 rounds, but I'm hoping it will grow to a pretty good size, even with the tiny thread. We're all tatting this together!
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie I really do admire those of you who are tatting this doily with such fine thread. I reckon it is going to look fantastic especially with the colours you mention.

      Delete

Another Heavenly Comment