Sunday 5 June 2011

Time for some more shuttles


A batch of pop-a-bobbin shuttles will be travelling to Jane's home very soon, this is one of them resting on some sweet smelling thyme, a herb very useful in cooking.    The shuttle is made from yew.


The rest of them are in a crochet basket sitting in the garden, may be there is one that you would like?


Some Sweet Williams for Gina, can you smell them?


My son and his girlfriend arrive in the UK today from Singapore for a visit, so exciting especially as the same day he boarded the plane (yesterday) he achieved his 1st Dan (his name is Daniel)  in Aikido so he now has a black belt. This is what awaits him,  a belated Easter Egg, he is a big Star Wars fan, 'may the force be with you.' 

13 comments:

  1. It's always special when sons visit - enjoy your time together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see Dan and the shuttles too!!! Roll on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that basket full of shuttles looks so appealing! Any of the purple shuttles have a hook on them? Wishing you a lovely time with your son (and girlfriend).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got so excited when I saw the shuttles. I thought your post said, "The shuttle is made for YOU!" I was ready to rush out to the mailbox! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderfully tempting shuttles.... Wooo...

    Have a wonderful time with your son. Oh, perhaps he can bring me a shuttle directly. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just like my son! Anything Star Wars is perfect! Congrats on a wonderful accomplishment . You must be very proud of him.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m keen on the purple shuttles, too.....Very pretty posies.
    xx bj

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all your comments Frivole there are purple heart shuttles with hooks on.
    Val I will have to come over to Singapore!
    Fox - Dan has never forgiven me for giving away some of his Star Wars toys after I thought he had grown up - but obviously that never happened!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely shuttles, I hope your son enjoys his visit to the UK, May the force be with him and congrats on his black belt.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love a black one with a hook. What are the light wood ones? Are they going to be in Jane's Etsy shop? I adore the ones I got a few months ago!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sally,
    I had the same thing happen. I have never heard the end of it! Boys ans their toys...
    Fox : ))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Susie, the light coloured shuttles are yew and cherry and they will be in Jane's Etsy shop later on this week. They are travelling with us to Stratford tomorrow when we visit her and other family members. Pleased you like yours

    ReplyDelete

Another Heavenly Comment