Monday 3 March 2014

Tatting and woodwork

Here is the latest round of Renulek's doily, I have not pressed it too well as I finally finished it last night and hurried to press the piece early this morning.  Hopefully with the next round it will become firmer.  

There has been very little shuttle making over the last month or two in the garage, mainly because other projects have been more pressing.  A birthday present for one of our sons (which I will show soon) and the start of some entries into an exhibition.  





This is a toy for children or grown ups to play with, the idea is that you put the marbles in the top of the tower and then turn the handle and they drop one at a time and roll into the channel where they are at the moment.  


9 comments:

  1. The doily is looking great! Lovely colours. And the toy very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors you are using for the doily. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The doily looks wonderful! You have good 'intuition' on where to change colors. I haven't a clue about color, but yours looks fantastic.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very nice doily, I like your color choices. What a great time waster in the last picture. He He He

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wooden marble drop toy is wonderful! - my grandchildren play with them and love them, but they are all flimsy plastic. I'd buy a wooden one in preference to plastic anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You speedy thing! So many color versions of Renulek's spring "napkin" as Google translates it! I do love the way you have done the color changes to highlight the "interesting" parts of this pattern. The center most rounds are the prettiest in my opinion, most interesting, and you've highlighted that in most of your versions.

    I too would love to have this marble toy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually Grace I do have yet another version of the napkin/doily!! As for the colour changes and highlighting the 'interesting' parts, I rather think that is luck more than anything. Totally agree with you that the centre rounds are the prettiest. The marble toy is fun and will be an interactive piece for the art exhibition, but I do hope someone buys it because as Ladytats says it is a 'time waster'!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the color combinations in your doily!

    ReplyDelete

Another Heavenly Comment