Sunday 15 February 2015

Masquerade Runner again!

I finished as much as I wanted to do of the Masquerade runner, the final few squares were a real struggle to tat as I had lost complete interest in the project.   Also I am not completely happy with the end result and  it may need a tatted border around it to enhance the piece.  I was thrilled though to see that it went with the cushion that will be fairly near the finished runner, that is if I decide it should be on display.  So should I give it an orange border as depicted in the cushion or the dark blue? Decisions are awful to make but I think on this one it is going to be a matter of trial and error!





There has been a lot of activity in the garage of late making items to sell to help pay for the fallen Cedar Tree.  A  new line came into being this weekend, a holding cross made with wood taken from a Wellingtonia Tree (Sequoia) which stands at the gate of the church.



These crosses are very tactile as you can hold them in the palm of your hand and even put them in your pocket as they are only three inches tall.

16 comments:

  1. Great runner. Super idea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colour that surrounds the orange in the cushion - it looks brown on my monitor, I think it would make a perfect frame for the piece and would tie in with the cushion.
    I'd love a cedar cross! - will they be in Jane's store one day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is brown Maureen and I had thought of that colour also, but only have it in size 20 whereas the rest of the runner is in 30 but can't see that would really matter - thanks. Not sure about the crosses, again there is only a limited number of them and the Cedar ones are smaller

      Delete
  3. I think your Masquerade runner looks great! However, I do understand how difficult it is to finish a project once you lose interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane it is so tempting to abandon projects once the interest is lost and then start to make something else.

      Delete
  4. You kept going with masquerade longer than I did, well done. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the runner looks just fine without 'finishing'! And the colors are perfect with the pillow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear thanks for that Kathy, may be I will leave the decision on whether to give it an edging a bit longer

      Delete
  6. Dera Sally, that seagreen is my favourite colour!
    That wood is great! It reminds me of olive tree wood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tally Tatty - these crosses are usually made in olive wood but the red wood looks far more interesting

      Delete
  7. Wow I love that cross. Let me cast another vote for putting some for sale online!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truly wonderful runner!!! :)
    Very nice cross!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would really love to buy one of those holding crosses for my young adult daughter. I think she would really like one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will think about selling the crosses, but not sure if they will be in the exact wood shown here. Anyway will let you know when they are available, take a photograph and you can see whether you still want them - thank you for the lovely comments

    ReplyDelete

Another Heavenly Comment