Monday 23 February 2015

Tatting embelishments

I managed to finish the bag which is embellished with tatting in the form of a braid.  Here is another picture of it.  Must say I am quite pleased with the result and the fact that there is at least one less 'work in progress' in the house now!


And a close-up of the braid/tatting


I used two threads together to make it more interesting.  Then tatted one row of chains with picots and the second row joined on to the first row as I went along, not pulling it too tight but keeping it firm.   Simple but very effective. 

Here is another fun way of using tatting as an embellishment


7 comments:

  1. Love that bag. Great idea for the braid too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them Sally!!! Particularly the 'Duck!!!' as my granddaughter would say!!! LOL Now if the bag needs a good home.... VBG

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your braiding. Beautiful addition to the sewn items.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them and the little bird is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so clever! - and replicates the i-cord in knitting. What a useful design.

    ReplyDelete

Another Heavenly Comment