Sunday 27 December 2020

Santa’s Sleigh

I know this is a little late but here is Santa’s empty sleigh after all the presents have been delivered and parked up for next year! The thing is I have only just finished tatting it, so obviously this version is also going to be packed away until next Year.




The pattern is from Pam Palmer’s book Tatting treats and I decided that instead of using white cotton which is the version illustrated in her book I would use Christmas colours and beads. It isn’t pressed yet and resting on a cushion so may look a bit bumpy but it really is a well thought out pattern and will not need much more attention.  

I am now going to start thinking about some Christmas tatting ideas of my own as I find that I can cope with the idea of having nearly twelve months to actually bring them to fruition. 



11 comments:

  1. I like your version in Christmas colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane, always a risk when you change from white!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks it really came out better than I expected, in fact it nearly didn't get finished!

      Delete
  3. I love your Sleigh. Perhaps a new Christmas book is in the works. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope to see the other pattern you’re working on before that, dear sister!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um yes well I have taken rather a long break from designing that particular pattern! just one more play with something else before I pick it up again, then promise I will give my full concentration to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been looking for this pattern. Is there anyway I can get a copy? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pattern is only in Pam Palmers book Gail called Tatting Treats. I got my copy from e.bay. I would be breaching copy rights if I scanned and sent you a copy - sorry!

      Delete

Another Heavenly Comment