Saturday 18 October 2014

Raspberry Jam and a Cup Cake

The title of this blog post sounds like afternoon tea, doesn't it?

Sue Hanson has given us some very interesting wood, but some pieces are too small to make shuttles from, however sanded and polished they stand out on their own.   The wood that the cup cake is on is called Raspberry Jam!  Apparently it refers to the strong odour of this freshly cut wood, which resembles raspberry jam. The tree is found in Western Australia, those who live there can perhaps throw more light on what I have just written?


The cup cake pattern is one that Jane taught at the Palmetto tat Days and I am giving this particular example away tomorrow to the person who cooked some amazing cup cakes for the Scarecrow Festival.

As for the pattern (unless you are Jane's sister) but she only has one so you can't be!  Or you attended Tat Days and then of course there is a good chance you will have this pattern, then you will have to buy the CD with all the patterns on from here.    I am in the process of making a chocolate one and intend to tat some earrings too. 


This is a bigger piece of the Raspberry Wood and hopefully some shuttles can be made from it.


7 comments:

  1. Ahhh this is my second cup cake while blogging today on "Tatting All Over The Place" is another, this is making me hungry! and the would is beautiful, I have seen dinner or desert place mats made with thin pieces like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute cupcake! The "Raspberry Jam Wood" sounds interesting. The color and grain of the wood looks nice, and I bet shuttles from it would be beautiful indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a lacemaker in Western Australia and have a couple of pairs of lace bobbins made of this wood - there is more info on it here: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Acacia_acuminata

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stitchety Grub, the flowers it produces are beautiful and interesting that it does not grow very tall either.

      Delete
  4. I see so many cupcakes, that they must be in fashion. I hope that tea and scones has not gonr out of fashion!!
    A scone with wipped cream and some raspberry jam is hmmmm, delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favourite is also scones, jam and cream. There is a challenge to design such a treat!

      Delete

Another Heavenly Comment