Thursday 23 October 2014

Three Snowflakes

Someone has asked me for small snowflakes to put on an angel that she is making.  The church she attends is asking the congregation make angels so that they can be displayed in church at Christmas.  However trying to find a pattern that was interesting but effective was a bit of a challenge.  I started with the large one which is Renuleks , but that one was far too big so then made Betsy's snowflake which you can find here.  My final attempt to find one even smaller is from Jeanne Lugert and this snowflake is so delicate and just right.  I did alter the picots slightly to make them more flaky looking and was pleased with the effect.  All three snowflakes are tatted in one round so only two ends need to be tied.



I hope to see the angel that I have made three of the smallest snowflakes for, especially as there is now talk of tatting a 'halo'  - which could be a bit of a challenge!  I will also need to see the angel to get measurements for such a holy head piece if it is required to be tatted.

9 comments:

  1. Very beautiful snowflakes!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth Zipay and Decoromana both have lovely little snowflakes if you want to try those too.
    Decoromana : http://decoromana.blogspot.com (left margin)
    And Elizabeth : http://elizabeths-lace.blogspot.com (Left margin)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your help Michelle I was really looking for free patterns especially as it was only a small snowflake that was required and I am helping as a favour to my friend.

      Delete
  3. They are beautiful and the halo sounds like a fun project, I bet you could get one of those plastic rings(snip it just right) and slide it over her head like a tiny hair band. so many beautiful patterns out there for those too! and many sizes of plastic rings too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Madtatter would never have thought of that idea, brilliant, I do have some of those rings, now await to see the size of the angels head!

      Delete
  4. The snowflakes are beautiful :-)
    Great idea from Madtatter !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Sally,
    I enjoy seeing others using my patterns. Makes it all worth while, and I am glad it worked for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your snowflake Jeanne is a joy to tat and I have now made 9 of them as I have promised some more to a friend for her very small Christmas Tree.

    ReplyDelete

Another Heavenly Comment