Thursday 19 September 2019

A cross

I can't believe how much attention this cross has received since I started wearing it.  Although it was ages ago since it came off my shuttles and was sadly put away forgotten and unloved! Then about 6 weeks ago I bought a dress and suddenly discovered the cross and found that it was the exact colour of the a dress, which was amazing!  The pattern was one that I designed myself, originally for earrings in fact at one point I may have even had earrings to match!  



This morning I went to a coffee morning and was showing a group of people my latest tatting and have now got an order.  It is for a snowflake which I am going to turn into a pendant, will post another time. 

10 comments:

  1. It’s very striking - certainly doesn’t deserve to languish in a box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly Jane it languished in a pile of tatting before! It is having the respect it deserves now!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful cross. What size did it come out to be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you the size of the cross is 2 1/2 inches - 1 3/4 inch

      Delete
  3. I I think putting tatting in boxes must be a family trait! Jane is always saying that most of her work ends up in a box. The cross is really lovely, I like the large bead at the top. Will it need to be stiffened?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maureen, this is one thing I am now trying to avoid now, putting things away and never using them! No actually the beads make it quite stiff, so it stays in place.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful cross pattern! Looks like tiny beads in it, too! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the simplicity of the cross! It is eye catching.

    ReplyDelete

Another Heavenly Comment