I am so pleased I managed to complete this necklace and have already worn it and received some lovely compliments.
One of the main reasons why I came to a halt and the necklace lay abandoned for years was that originally there was going to be a tatted chain from the end two motifs, so I left a large picot without a bead ready to accommodate the chain. However, it then looked as though the necklace would not lie well unless there was a chain on the top of all the motifs. It was at that stage, in the middle of tatting it, that I gave up, lost the thread and the beads and the will to actually continue.
The HDT I used is either Yarnplayers or Karey Solomons, sorry completely forgotten, but lovely Autumnal colours.