Thursday 30 July 2009

Down to Earth







I've come back down to earth, from gazing up into the sky, to show you some photographs taken in my home. A week ago Krystle challenged us to take photographs of our tatting spaces etc., well I’ve been a bit slow on this, but at last I’ve managed to get the camera out and shoot a few pictures.
Last weekend I visited my sister and I can report that she is now packed for her Palmetto teaching, I did peek into one of her bags as we sat for half an hour out in the garden, but that’s all I'm going to report! Those of you who are attending these "tat days" will have to wait and see what other surprises she has, not up her sleeve, but on her shuttles!
So here is where my tatting is stored and where I mainly work. It’s a room that is also a study, a tatting room, sewing room and computer room and so it also contains files and books for my church work, scouting, family history etc and because of this it tends to get into a mess very quickly as I leap from one thing to another, often without putting everything away! You will also notice a sewing chest, which was especially made when we lived in Hong Kong, this contains sewing cottons, buttons, beads and countless other bits and bobs associated with handicrafts. It doesn’t contain my tatting threads these are stored in plastic boxes, as you can see by the chest, and are supposed to be neatly stored in a cupboard but they keep escaping! Whenever I start a new tatting project I'm amazed how a small piece of work can generate such chaos as I search for a pattern, suitable thread, beads etc. at this stage everything has been removed from cupboards, drawers and shelves.
It's time to tidy up this particular tat corner, so wish me luck as I find stray beads, tackled thread and oh ouch a needle in a place it shouldn't be!

Happy Tatting everyone!

8 comments:

  1. I love your cushion cover! And what a lovely chest, is it made of camphorwood? I've really been enjoying seeing everyone's tat-spaces, because I have been gleaning so many good ideas about setting up my own space when we move into our new house soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure you were born an Eborall? Looks WAY too tidy for an Eborall!!! Remember mum's corner? Geeeeez!!! Talk about untidy - that's where I inherited my bad traits from. You must take after dad!!! Second thoughts - perhaps not!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely tatting space! I know what you mean about shared space becoming messy quickly... I need to plow through my sewing room soon, or I'll never be able to find my knitting needles again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a nice place to tat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maureen - the cushion cover is actually a crochet blanket made by a late great Aunt for my first child, Jane also had one, I just couldn't throw it away so tucked it around a cushion!Sounds as though you will have the best tat-space in your new home! Right Jane look left of the wooden chair and there is a mess! Everthing else is off camera - cheat eh?!! Don't worry I'm keeping up the family tradition! Diane "shared space" isn't ideal but its interesting!!!! Yes it is a nice place TattingChic - but its not pink!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the well-thumbed Oxford dictionary sitting by its lonesome on the floor! : ))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forgot to say Maureen the chest isn't camphorwood, the reason being that it sometimes doesn't stand the changed environment of England and can split, so this is teak.
    Ah Fox, well spotted, that dictionary gets a lot of use, even with a spell checker!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the chest, a real treasure trove. Nice space, thanks for showing.

    ReplyDelete

Another Heavenly Comment